Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mazatlan

The scenery has started to flatten out and there are more cacti as I go north. It was kind of scary at the military check point when we all had to get of while they searched the bus and all of our bags...lots of machine guns and tough looking men. After the realative harmlessness of Korean police, the battle hardened soldiers and police I'm seeing here are a real shocker.

I hit Mazatlan and was pleasantly surprised by it's wide open streets and multitudes of beaches. Walked from one end of town to the other and then took a ferry to an island for a beer on the beach below.



Squid fishermen diving off the rocks and climbing back up with innertubes filled with their catches



Great surf! I got the crap pounded out me and had a blast.



Mexicans eat five or six meals a day so there is food everywhere...life is good :)



Mazatlan style taxis..a total rip off but a nice way to see town



Town square was a great place for breakfast

No comments: