Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ek Bakam

So, Cancun was flooded and gross so I got out of there as fast as I could get on a bus. I'm in Valladolid, which is a cute little town near Chichen Itza. My hotel has a pool so I'm pretty happy.

You can see that they like color here in town. The wide streets are nice and breezy which is absolutely necessary in the humidity. I'm not sure why but there is a cop on every single corner...I walked back out of the tourist area to see if they would be there too and they were...I practiced my Spanish by asking a bunch of them for directions.

I had a interesting desert in the town square. A crispy crepe with melted cheese and caramel sauce. You could get it with chocolate/cheese and nutella/cheese too.



I hit a lesser known set of ruins called Ek Balam this morning. Very cool with almost no people and the jungle encroaching from all sides. The walk up the big temple was tough but the walk down almost killed me...way too high and steep.







In the afternoon I cooled off by swimming at this cool cenote...the water was so clear that you could see the rock formation way below your feet and the cute little fishes swimming around.

No comments: