Monday, July 5, 2010

Chihuahua

I've spent the last two days looking for those yappy chihuahuas in Chihuahua but couldn't find a single one until I went in for a manicure and they had a puppy mascot in the shop...now I can believe that I'm in Chihuahua.

This place is full of parks, tree-lined streets and statues...statues of angels, of statesmen, of rebels and of animals or half people half animals. It's cooler than the pacific coast and the air is dry and clean so I could walk forever and take pictures of all the statues.

This is also the home of Pancho Villa and you can see the bullet riddled car he died in at his actual home. He was a real bad guy that history seems to have turned into a revolutionary. At the time of his death, 25 of his wives claimed ownership of his house but the guy has bronze statues and paintings from one end of town to the other.

People are very friendly. I've had some really nice english/spanish conversations with people.









No comments: