Thursday, March 25, 2010

New York

A lovely corn beef on rye with a deli pickle is a clue to this posting's location...



So, here I am in New York. Pretty cool place but I'm worn out from walking for four days. If you can't guess, this is a photo from Brooklyn of the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan.



The first time I walked through 'the Park' it was rainy and grey but on my last day I got lucky and spent some time strolling and sitting with New Yorkers enjoying early spring. Lots of dogs.




Ground Zero construction...apparently it's going to be a shopping center in most part so New Yorkers are pissed.



The 'village' Lots of activism history here.



View from the Empire State Building which was pretty cool.




Went to see Chicago on Broadway. I had front row tickets and it was really good...and all that jazz.



Times Square which I must have walked or driven through 20 times as it's really the center of things in the city.



This is what it looked like when I walked over the Brooklyn bridge the first day...not so nice but some how, it seemed very New York all grey and misty.



I could have used a couple more days here but I visited four of the five boroughs, rode the subway and the Staten Island ferry, ate hot pretzels, walked through the Guggenheim and wore out my feet.

3 comments:

christine said...

very cool. Still winter there though eh?

Kim said...

I so envy you!!! The food looks like it's to die for. Eat some for me!! Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself. Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

ooooohhhhhh...corned beef samwich...uuuuhhhhhh...pickle...thankya kindly ma'am.

And an extra shout out for squeezing in a shot of Mcdonalds and mentioning pretzels...YYYEEEESSS!