Thursday, December 9, 2010

Santiago

santiago 013

I’ve finally found a South American city that I would want to live in…it’s great here!  The city is a mixture of colonial and new architecture, has lots of green spaces and it’s wonderfully clean and vibrant.

santiago 017

My hotel is across the street from the most interesting park/ cultural space/ church/ archaeological park.

santiago 016

I spent a whole day wandering up and down the tree lined streets but don’t worry I made sure to keep myself hydrated and well-fed.santiago 024 I ate fish and chips at the seafood market where they bring in all the catches of the day…a little smelly but at least you know it’s fresh.santiago 045

Lot’s of police presence especially around the government buildings , but they mostly seem to give directions and look pretty.santiago 030

It’s interesting to note that there is absolutely no ‘traditional’ culture here.  It’s completely modern city with none of the woven bracelets/hats etc. seen in Peru and Bolivia.  The people look much more European too.   

1 comment:

Christine said...

Looks really nice and just like home, no culture of our own!!!!! You will have to check out the job prospects there. Looks more like your style than Korea :)