Monday, October 25, 2010

First weekend in Lima

 

 

So I finally made it to Lima.  I’m staying in a cool neighbourhood called Miraflores (look at the flowers) in a hotel a block from the 80 metre high cliffs that overlook the beach.  So far, I really like Lima.  The people are friendly and it feels quite safe here. lima 005

In the main plaza, there is a book fair going on and people here seem to read a lot in the coffee shops.

lima 009 

Along the paths of the main plaza park there is an exhibition raising awareness of poverty in the city.

lima 008

Look closely and you can see all the cats.  People put plates of food out for them and there are even a bunch of cat beds.

lima 002

Check out the cheap deals.  T-shirts for three dollars (they’re good t-shirts)

lima 017

I stood and watched these guys from the shopping mall high on the cliffs and then I ate some gelato….life is pretty good.

1 comment:

christine said...

looks nice. You have to try surfing. Last time I had the chance I was pregnant with Asia so not a good idea!