Monday, April 12, 2010

South Florida

I'm on my way back to Vancouver tomorrow but I've had a great few days in southern Florida.

Key West was a blast....spent most of the day walking around the quaint little historical area but I managed to spend a few hours on a sailboat in the afternoon and then again for the sunset.



I had a day to visit the Everglades and see wild animals as well as soak up the humid heat. I did one of those airboat rides but really had a better time walking along the boardwalks reading the little informative signs about the glades.


I also returned for another day at Kennedy and took the tour. Saw a cool re-creation of the Apollo landings as well as the booster rockets being prepared for the next shuttle launch in May. I also met a real astronaut and talked with him about the feeling of environmentalism created by his experiences in space.





So, my trip is finished but here are a few observations;

- New Jersey has the worst roads and the worst drivers..seriously, flying over huge potholes with reckless abandon is a state sport
- What I thought meant 'don't walk' actually means 'do any damn thing you want in the road' in New York
- South Carolina is the friendliest state and has the best pralines which I may have to figure out how to mainline to get my fix
- Washington has the best metro system as well as being the most contrary with messages of equality and fairness engraved everywhere in stone but completely ignored by current politicians
- Americans are obsessed with both psychics and Jesus...very weird with the zodiacs in neon right along side with the crosses!
- MacDonalds are the real overlords of America and Dick Cheney was just a convenient patsy

5 comments:

MIN said...

Nicole, I'm Min from E7 of the IETTP 2009 Fall-term. How are you? I was sorry that you were not with us on graduate ceremony. Looking back to the memories in KNUE, it was wonderful with great instructors and class mates. I miss those of things alot.
You look good in the pictures on this blog. Hope you enjoy your journey as you did so far. And be healthy.^^

Ken said...

Very cool pictures and stories.

>Okay. so I'm homeless and have no job, my car was towed away for scrap and all my belongings fit into nine boxes.

I'd still trade places with you on a bad day. Except for the alligators. Keep them far away from me.

Anonymous said...

How dare you gallivant about besmirching the good name of Mcdonalds (I recently cashed out a box of 20 nuggets with my McD's card). (p.s. grrrrrr! You know what that's for, right?!)

Kimberley said...

Home already? Have you been on the road that long? I can't wait to hear more about your travels!!

Nicole said...

Thanks for your comments and stay tuned for the next installment.